Things that I liked about May.


Overall, May was a pretty good month. Have a debrief of my month below.....


I really got into the gym. It was for a week and then I celebrated the Boyf's birthday and went a bit off course (I had 6 birthday cupcakes AND 3 quarters of a Carrot Cake) but!!!!!! I totally plan on going back tomorrow.

 I have found the secret, for me anyway, is to go straight after work. Jump on the metro and get off. I CANNOT think of an excuse not to go if its on my route home! And guess what? Turns out, once I'm there I love it!!!

I owned a sports bra for 6 years and never used it. I wore it, did 7K and somehow managed to sweat the dye off. It was gross but damn did I feel good. I felt even better when I got home, took off the sports bra and the bright pink dye had stuck to my skin so it looked like:
A) I was still wearing a sports bra (minus the support.. you win some you lose some!)
B) Mr Blobby's face was now my torso. (Minus the yellow dots... terrifying but true!)

I will be going back to the gym next week, Bring It On!!!

****

This kinda follows from my last point but me and my partner in crime did two massive walks in the first May Bank holiday as the weather in the North East was lovely!


On the Sunday we got the metro to Monkseaton and walked along the beach. I went into the sea for the first time since I was small. I only went ankle deep but I giggled just like a little girl and squealed like one when shown sea worms. 

We walked to St Mary's lighthouse and kept walking all the way to Seaton Sluice. Stopped for a bite to eat at Castaway's cafe and then walked all the way back to Monkseaton Metro. 

Then, on Bank Holiday Monday we walked to the Angel of the North. I have lived in Newcastle since late 2011 and I had never visited the Big Rusty Lady. So Why not walk from our little flat in Gateshead and see her? So we did and it was long. And definitely not as scenic as the day before but there was ice cream van so this made nearly getting mowed down by youths on dirt bikes totally worth it!




****

Marc turned 25 on the 25th of May. We had another long weekend together for it too. We went to see Matilda at the Sunderland Empire. 
It was a fantastic performance and Trunchbull and the young girl who played Matilda were amazing!! It was Marc's first musical theatre experience (if you don't include panto) and he really liked it!! 

I made the mistake of wearing shoes that didn't fit. I've owned these shoes since I was doing my A levels and only ever worn them once. Turns out they were a small 4. I am a 5. I was fine in the flat. Had trouble walking to the metro. Once on the metro, my leg was spasming. Like it wouldn't stop shaking... I hobbled around Sunderland. I walked bare foot through the Bridges Shopping Centre. I was bare foot in the Box Office. Had my tea barefoot and watched Matilda barefoot. I spent the majority of the night barefoot.. In the end, after we got off the metro, the Birthday Boy gave me a piggy back home. 

Not All Heroes Wear Capes.


****


You know was did suck about May though? How long it was. Oh my goodness, May did not want to end and for me, pay day could not could soon enough! I was SO poor this month. I had a week of fun and then 4 weeks of financial misery. I am still unsure where my money went in May, hopefully this month I will hold on to it...


                                                                   ...Ohh is that a mid-season sale?!


Comments

Popular Posts